Keeping clean and fresh is key to having a healthier and more enjoyable life. Maintaining good hygiene habits is essential to ensuring a healthy and confident lifestyle. In this article, we will explore various aspects of healthy hygiene habits. So grab a bar of soap and read on to uncover the tips needed to maintain cleanliness and freshness day-in and day-out.
1. Get into a Clean State of Mind
Getting into a clean state of mind can feel like a daunting task. The first step is to practice mindfulness. Listening to calming music, taking a walk in nature, and meditating are all great ways to reduce stress and foster an appreciation for the present moment.
The next step is to focus on your breathing. Finding a comfortable seat or guided meditation can help direct your attention to the breaths you take in and out. As you focus on your breathing, notice how your body and mind respond. You may experience a deep sense of relaxation.
After calming your mind and body, it’s time to clear your mental clutter. Start by writing down your thoughts. This may include worries, concerns, successes, or anything else on your mind. This allows for clarity and space so you can start to assess what is and isn’t important.
The mind can easily become overwhelmed which is why it’s beneficial to:
- Take Breaks – Step away from the task at hand and relax for a few moments without any distractions.
- Set Priorities – Decide which tasks need to be done first, and aim to focus on one goal at a time.
- Express Gratitude – Celebrate your accomplishments and appreciate the people around you that provide support.
Overall, getting into a clean state of mind involves techniques like mindfulness, breathwork, and writing. These practices allow for clarity on what is important and provide a sense of peace.
2. Know the Importance of Proper Hygiene
Hygiene habits are not only important to help prevent the spread of germs and bacteria, it also helps maintain a person’s overall health. Practicing proper hygiene helps reduce chances of getting sick, as well as facilitates physical and mental health. Here are a few ways to promote good hygiene and stay healthy:
- Wash your hands: Hands should be washed frequently with soap and water. The hands get exposed to a number of germs during the day, and regular washing of hands can significantly reduce the number of germs. Make sure to scrub the hands for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Keep Clean Surroundings: Cleaning and disinfecting the surrounding areas is essential to keep germs away. Floors, walls and countertops should be mopped and wiped off regularly with disinfecting cleaners. Doing this will help reduce the presence of germs in the environment.
- Brush Teeth Twice a Day: Even though this may seem like very obvious advice, many people don’t brush their teeth regularly. Having proper oral hygiene is very important and brushing at least twice a day is recommended for optimal dental health.
- Wear Clean Clothes: Cleaning is not just about cleaning the surfaces, but also our bodies. Wearing freshly washed clothes helps to keep germs, bacteria, and viruses at bay. Change the clothes regularly and do not wear the same pair of clothes for two consecutive days.
- Take Showers Regularly: Bathing regularly helps keep the skin and body clean of germs and dirt. To promote overall health, showering at least once a day is recommended.
Proper hygiene is incredibly important to healthy living. To help prevent the spread of germs and bacteria, great care should be taken to follow hygiene habits. This includes washing hands regularly, keeping the environment clean, brushing teeth twice a day, wearing clean clothes, and showering regularly. By following these steps, people can maintain their overall health.
3. Follow a Cleaning Checklist for Everyday Hygiene
To begin your everyday cleaning routine, use your very own hygiene checklist. Take it from us – writing down your cleaning plan always makes it easier to stay on track. Having a cleaning schedule ensures that all those tiny everyday tasks are completed regularly so there is no ‘back log’. Take a look at some of the tasks you should include in your checklist:
- Deep-cleaning your oven
- Ensure to scrub away any grease, dirt and food residue
- Polish off the outside if it is a stainless steel oven
- Sweeping the floors
- Use an attachment on your vacuum cleaner to get in tight corners
- Sweep using a broom for hardwood floors
- Tidying up your closets
- Put away clothing and throw out anything that’s out-of-season
- Organize your closets according to type of item and colour
- Sanitizing surfaces
- Clean all surfaces in your home, including counter-tops and furniture
- Focus on hot spots such as door knobs and phones
- Vacuum or dust your blinds and curtains
- Give furniture such as bookshelves and TV-stands a good dusting
Be sure to check off each item on that list as you make progress in your daily cleaning regime. You could even save this checklist as a pin on Pinterest or a screen-shot on your phone for quick reference. Knowing that your home is always clean and hygienic will take a huge load off your shoulders!
Tip: Make life easier by having all the necessary cleaning supplies ready to go. Having the right cleaning products can be a major key to success in your cleaning checklist.
Using these essential everyday tips, you can create your own cleaning schedule and get your home clean and hygienic in no time. Keep in mind that creating a plan is only step one – the next important step would be to stick to it. Stick to it and you’ll soon have a spotless home every day!
4. Refresh Your Home and Feel Cleaner and Brighter
A clean and tidy home often brings us closer to the state of contentment that we are looking for. Feel immediately better with these four easy steps for refreshing your home:
- Declutter – Start by taking time to remove items you no longer need. The key is to create a pleasant ambience and remove items that carry negative or outdated memories.
- Disinfect and dust – Bacteria and allergens can flourish when not taken care of regularly. Replace the air filter in your HVAC system and use a good quality disinfectant to clean high-touch items like doorknobs and remote controls.
- Organize – Keep it simple. Tidying up doesn’t have to be complicated. Add a few organizational items like containers, baskets, and bins to store items out of sight. Flexibility is key so that you can move items as needed around your home.
- Add some plants – Adding foliage is the perfect way to breath life into your home. Plants naturally remove pollutants from the air, helping to keep you fresh and healthy. Try adding a few indoor flow plants to help light up the room.
It can be difficult to stay motivated when tidying your home, but the end result is worth the effort! Make it into a fun activity or set goals to keep yourself on track. For example, try completing one room every weekend. When you spend time refreshing your home, it gives you the opportunity to take a break from your regular schedule and take pride in the space around you.
Allow yourself to create a atmosphere that provides joy and peace. You could start by adding an area rug and pillows to create a comfy corner for relaxation. Choose artwork or photos that invoke positive feelings and add a personal touch. Add in an essential oil diffuser to bring a natural scent to the air.
One more way to refresh your home with minimal effort is to update your lighting. Swapping out bulbs can produce a different atmosphere that can bring the room together. Feel rejuvenated by participating in activities such as organizing a book shelf, donating unused items, or assigning items with specific homes to avoid clutter.
Not only will you be left with an aesthetically pleasing home, you’ll also enjoy a sense of accomplishment that will greatly benefit your wellbeing. Refresh your home today and enjoy the rewards of living a cleaner and brighter lifestyle.
Practicing healthy hygiene habits can help everyone lead a healthier and happier life. Taking the time and effort to stay clean and maintain good hygiene not only leads to better physical health, but also prevents illnesses, reduces stress, and promotes good mental health. So why not allocate some time each day toward hygiene habits and watch the positive changes flow!